Downloadable Document also attached
The Expense data load can be used when you want to load batches of expense entries into the KIP system. A data load will allow you to import these expenses all at once without the need to manually enter them.
It is recommended that the data loads templates have a maximum of 500 rows in the data template so that the upload performance is not compromised.
Enabling the Data Load Feature:
To set the permission to allow the data load, go to the login profile and engage the “Ability to access Data Load” feature.
Once this setting has been enabled you can now begin to data load.
Please note the screenshots have been taken from a non-workflow enabled system.
To perform a data load:
1) Go the search screen and select Expenses
2) On the Expense search screen select ‘Create Data Template’
3) This will present the following screen and you can select the fields you wish to use as part of the data load
The fields which do not have a checkbox next to them will be included in the template as these are
4) Select ‘Generate Template Spreadsheet’
This will download the excel data template which will be ready for use
5) Open the data load excel template, this will consist of three tabs:
- Summary: Gives you information regarding the data load template
- Expenses: this is where you will create a list of expenses you need to data load into Keyedin Application
- Notes: Any notes you want to input regarding the data load
Required fields in the template are marked in yellow and these fields are required to be populated
6) Click on ‘Expenses’ tab
7) Enter Expense data
Things to note:
- Resource code, Project code and Expense Type code must be already setup in the system; if these codes are not set up the data load will fail to load the data.
- The data load will not update existing expense entries, the data load will only insert new records
Below are two expense entries which are ready to be uploaded. Please note the one that has been highlighted does not contain the correct resource code so the system will fail to upload this expense entry.
8) In KeyedIn navigate to the Expense search screen and click on ‘Import Data’
9) Choose the data load file and click on ‘upload’:
10) This will then show the following, if it finds the records then it will report “There are ‘XX’ rows to import”
11) Select ‘Import’ - this will start the data import. Once the import has finished then it will show the results for the import which will highlight which ones have successfully uploaded and which ones have failed.
As you can see the second expense entry which was entered on the data load has failed as this is not a valid resource:
Any failed expenses can be changed again from the same template which was downloaded earlier.
Any expenses which have been uploaded successfully should be removed from the data load template otherwise it will upload these expenses again which will result in duplicated expenses.
Screenshot below shows the time entry which had been successfully imported:
Data load of expenses has been completed.